Monday, December 13, 2010

Stray Dog

Went home after work, and heard my mum saying that a stray dog fell into the big drain, and has been screaming there for 2 nights. I went to the drain and sees nothing. Funny thing is 2 days? no neighbors seems to care, and there are a few families around my house who own dogs at home.

I searched around my house and found no torchlight. Finally, my mum was able to get me one and the battery does not contain charge. The drain was too dark too see anything. iPhone's LED was too week to reach the dog. Getting down the drain is too dangerous without a torchlight and I do not have rope to climb back up if I get down. Drain is too deep to go down alone.

Other stray dogs are still screaming, maybe to inform other humans that their friend is trapped. I gave the stray dog a hope to survive, just because there is no torchlight and rope, I have to pull back and wait till tomorrow morning. I wish I did not hear what my mum say.

I don't believe in god or destiny, but now I pray for the dog, to any beings who can hear me. Please let the dog live till tomorrow morning.

Tonight is a very big lesson to me. Life is priceless, It teaches me to keep torchlight and batteries at home. In my situation, I should keep a Rope long enough to climb 2 storey high and strong enough to hold 2 adult person's weight.